Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer
The RM of Montcalm has an immediate job opening for a FULL TIME, year-round, Heavy Equipment Operator / Labourer.
The applicant will be responsible for:
- heavy equipment operation
- general public works duties as required
- adherence to safe and efficient operation practices of equipment
The applicant skills will include:
- experience with excavator operation, or willingness to train
- experience working in a public works environment or equivalent working experience
- knowledge of the Workplace Health and Safety and the ability to adhere to these regulations
- have a general willingness to serve the public
- previous experience in a trade such as welding, construction, or carpentry is desirable.
The applicant will have:
- a minimum of Grade 12 High School Diploma
- hold, or willing to acquire, a Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Brakes
- must have own transportation
Benefits and wage rates are determined by the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 987 Collective Agreement.
Applications are to be submitted by no later than April 16, 2018 to:
RM of Montcalm, Box 300, Letellier, MB R0G 1C0
Steinbach Hydrovac Ltd.
Steinbach Hydrovac Ltd. is currently looking to grow their company in the oilfield and utility area of Westman and the Hydro Electric and Mining sectors of Northman.
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
Borland Construction Inc. is one of the most established and largest heavy construction companies in Manitoba. Borland has a long and successful history of being a leader in the heavy construction industry undertaking a wide range of construction projects from rural highway construction to sewer renewals to city street reconstructions and airport runways. At present, we are seeking a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician to join our team. Borland offers year round employment and competitive wages and benefits.
- 5 years experience
- Solid background in hydraulic diagnostics and repair
- Extensive knowledge of electrical and electronic diagnostics and repair
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to focus on task and achieve goals set out by Shop Foreman
Red Seal (preferred)
Will consider 3rd or 4th year apprentice
Wage: Depends on qualifications and experience.
Please apply to:
751 Lagimodiere Blvd
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Manitoba Northern Projects
The Keeyask Generation Project is a 695-megawatt hydroelectric generating station currently under construction on the lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba approximately 725 kilometers northeast of Winnipeg. The Project is being developed in partnership with Manitoba Hydro and the Keeyask Cree Nations. The Keewatinohk Converter Station project is one of the two new converter stations required for the Bipole III project. This is a new converter station in northern Manitoba, northeast of Gillam.
For more information click here.
The following positions may become available at the Keeyask and Keewatinohk projects:
- Tower crane operator
- Mobile and RT crane operator
- Mechanic (diesel)
- Service Person
- Loader operator
- Dozer operator
- Grader operator
- Shovel operator
- Crusher operator
OE987 will continue to adhere to the Dispatch Rules as currently set out. We invite all current members, whether on the out of work list or not, to complete the attached request form showing interest in the Manitoba Hydro Projects.
Please follow the 3-Step application process on the left, starting with Step 1.