Take a moment to think about your workplace.
Ask yourself a few questions:
- Is your workplace safe?
- Are you treated the same as your coworkers?
- Do you have health benefits?
- Do you have a pension plan?
- What happens if another company buys your workplace?
- Do you know your worker rights?
Every worker has the right to belong to a union, benefit from what unions have won for workers and have a voice in the workplace.
Almost one of every three Canadian workers belongs to a union. According to Statistics Canada, roughly 3.6 million employees in the Canadian workforce in 1998 were union members.
Union workers have better benefits, greater job security and a voice in the workplace, community and government. Unions help workers earn fair wages and ensure workplaces are safe and labour laws are followed.
Are you ready to organize?
Learn more about: