Why Vote OE987?
The upcoming Bill 29 vote means you have the chance to choose who you want to represent you at work and at the bargaining table. This is an opportunity for your voice to be heard, and the opportunity for change. You can stick with the status quo, or vote for a union that actually cares!
So why vote OE987? Because this is what we offer as a union:
1. Low Member-to-Rep Ratio
- OE987 prides itself on the low member-to-union representative ratio.
- We are well equipped to respond to your needs when they arise – all you have to do is give us a call to speak directly to our representatives, who were workers and members just like you.
- You will be provided with your union rep’s cell phone number so can be in touch any time.
- We are here to walk you through whatever situation arises at your workplace – you will NEVER be left to fend for yourself.
- We have always strived for diversity within all sectors we represent.
- We are proud to say that 50 percent of our current membership is comprised of Métis and Indigenous peoples. We want to reflect who we represent on our executive and our stewards.
3. Training and Education
- OE987 has an excellent training and education fund for its members, so they can continue to expand their professional and personal growth.
- The training and education committee is made up by you – our members.
- Workers in each facility vote in their representatives to sit on the committee to review and approve applications, and set the disbursement policies.
4. Strong track record at the bargaining table
- We have negotiated some of the best contracts in the province, and have served healthcare workers in Manitoba for 70 years.
- We have two-times rate of pay, plus a day in lieu, for all general holidays in our facilities we represent in Winnipeg. We will fight for this in all our facility and community support collective agreements going forward..
5. Ready to Fight for Healthcare Workers
- We will push back so you aren’t forced to work at another facility which you never applied to.
- We will fight to abolish block vacations, so you can attend the important moments in life that matter.
- We will push to reduce the number of step increments per classification . Why should you have to wait when you are capable at your job?
- We will fight to ensure the employer portion of your health premiums are not paid for by you when on a return-to-work program.
- We will work towards getting you the wages and benefits you deserve for the hard work you provide.