Why Vote OE987?
The upcoming Bill 29 vote means you have the chance to choose who you want to represent you at work and at the bargaining table. This is an opportunity for your voice to be heard, and the opportunity for change. You can stick with the status quo, or vote for a union that actually cares!
So why vote OE987? Because this is what we offer as a union:
- We can hear healthcare workers across the province loud and clear: you are sick and tired of feeling like your voice isn’t being heard. You want a union that actually cares about you!
- It’s as simple as this: if you aren’t satisfied with your representation, it’s time to make a switch. Bigger isn’t always better. OE987 has represented healthcare workers since 1950.
- Bill 29 offers you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a choice in the union who represents you: this is a big deal.
- If you’re ready for change, vote OE987 to be represented by a strong and diverse union that supports healthcare workers.
Superior and Dedicated Service
- OE987 prides itself on the low member-to-union representative ratio, with one rep for every 500 members.
- We are well equipped to respond to your needs when they arise – all you have to do is give us a call to speak directly to our representatives, who were workers and members just like you.
- You will be provided with your union representative’s cell phone number, direct line, and email so you can be in touch any time.
- We are here to walk you through whatever situation arises at your workplace – you will NEVER be left to fend for yourself. Your OE987 rep is in constant communication with you through the entire grievance process.
Commitment to Member Growth
- OE987 has an excellent training and education fund for its members, so they can continue to expand their professional and personal growth.
- The training and education committee is made up by you – our members.
- Workers in each facility vote in their representatives to sit on the committee to review and approve applications and set the disbursement policies.
- We are dedicated to supporting our members growth both professionally and personally.
- We have negotiated some of the strongest contracts in the province and served healthcare workers in Manitoba for 70 years.
- This stems from our extensive experience and knowledge, and the fact our union representatives were all workers in their field with many years’ experience. Upon transitioning to a position with OE987, our representatives all complete studies in labour relations at a university level.
- OE987 conducts extensive research before any bargaining occurs. We come to the table prepared and in the best possible position to fight for you.
Listening and Delivering Results
- OE987 listens to what healthcare workers like you are saying, and we are aware of the issues facing you today. We will fight to get you the wages and benefits you deserve for the hard work you provide.
- These are just some of the issues we have heard from healthcare workers that we are going to address…..
- We will push back so you aren’t forced to work at another facility which you never applied to, as this is disruptive and inconvenient for you and your family.
- We will fight to abolish block vacations, so you can attend the important moments in life that matter.
- We will push to reduce the number of step increments per classification . Why should you have to wait when you are capable at your job?
- We will fight to ensure the employer portion of your health premiums are not paid for by you when on a return-to-work program.
- We have two-times rate of pay, plus a day in lieu, for all general holidays in our facilities we represent in Winnipeg. We will fight for this in all our facility and community support collective agreements going forward.
OE987 is a strong union that actually cares about you!