Our members are entitled to the following legal services:
- Myers Weinberg – access to a Legal Care Plan
- Law Protector Plan – up to 60% off national market rates
- Elliot Leven Law Corp. – employment law; 10% off hourly rate; call 204-944-8724
- Roman Stachurski – wills, living wills, powers of attorney, house deals; free short consultation and 25% off hourly rate; call 204-452-4000
- Michael J. Law – family and criminal law; free 30 minute consultation and 10% off hourly rate; call 204-888-7973
- Murray Trachtenberg – civil litigation; free 30 minute consultation and 10% off hourly rate; call 204-940-9602
- Tapper Cuddy LLP - receive a 20% discount on legal fees for a variety of services (see below); call 204-944-8777
Legal Care Plan
Membership in your union or association entitles you and your immediate family access to the Myers Weinberg LLP Legal Care Plan.
Under the Legal Care Plan:
- There is no charge to you for the first 30 minutes of consultation with a lawyer at Myers Weinberg LLP
- These 30 minutes may be used either:
- By speaking to a lawyer on the phone, or
- By arranging an appointment and meeting with the lawyer assigned to the file
- After an initial consultation, you may choose:
- To retain a lawyer at Myers Weinberg LLP and pay a preferred rate agreed upon between yourself and the lawyer, or
- To decline the use of the Legal Care Plan and use another law firm.
Here’s how it works
- Call Myers Weinberg LLP at 204-942-7773 and identify yourself as a member of a participating union or association. Collect calls are accepted within Manitoba.
- You will be asked to provide a few details ensuring your eligibility in the Legal Care Plan, as well as some information with reference to the nature of your problem.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be referred to a lawyer practising in the appropriate area of the law.
All legal services are provided on a confidential basis between the lawyer and the client.
The range of services offered by Myers Weinberg LLP includes:
- Aboriginal law
- Business law
- Child protection agency law
- Civil litigation
- Constitutional law
- Corporate and commercial
- Criminal law
- Family law
- Franchise law
- Labour and employment law
- Mortgages and foreclosures
- Real estate
- Trademark and copyright
- Wills and estates