Operating Engineers of Manitoba, Local 987 (OE987) represents workers who are employed in health care, heavy equipment, and skilled trades throughout Manitoba. Currently, we have 77 collective agreements that we have negotiated in the best interests of each of our members.
We are proud to offer exemplary service to all our members, with 1 Business Representative for every 500 members. Our Business Representatives are university educated, specializing in labour relations. We have a strong track record at the bargaining table and have negotiated some of the best contracts in the province! We are dedicated to looking after our members' concerns and are experienced in dealing with health and safety issues and fighting for fairness in the workplace.
OE987 strives for diversity within all sectors we represent. We aim to reflect who we represent in the workplace; We are proud to have an ethnic and gender diverse executive board, staff, and shop stewards!
We are proud to be an International Union with our national headquarters in Ottawa, backed by the strength of 400,000 members across North America! With deep roots and a strong history, the Operating Engineers are a close-knit family that supports one another in time of need. From providing financial assistance at times of flood, wildfires, or tornadoes to celebrating our successes as our membership grows. United, we provide the best service for all of our members!
About Union Membership
With our members’ support and involvement, we will continue to fight for the best wage and benefit packages possible and to protect your rights on the job.
- Provide professional representation while negotiating progressive Collective Agreements that ensure access to health care and pension benefits as well as fair wages.
- Enhance employment opportunities by sponsoring apprenticeship and training which will secure a skilled workforce for the future.
- Support and lobby for fair labour legislation.
- Have access to legal counsel that specializes in labour law and will furnish it to our members when required.
- Seek employment for our members and dispatch them to jobsites.
- Keep our members informed and continue the labour movement by organizing the unorganized.